Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crayola Crayons

To be perfectly honest, going to Wal-Mart with 2 young children isn't exactly fun for me. However, I find it a little easier and a tad less confusing if I park and pay at the garden center. I happened to walk by the area promoting school supplies. Hardly believing that it's that time of year again, I decided to stroll down the aisle. Shopping for brand new school supplies as a child was so exciting to me. I always got to pick out new pencils, notebooks, folders, sometimes even a new bookbag, and the good ol' Trapper Keeper. Remember those?! Then I would spend all evening organizing all my new supplies.

I suppose, because it is a fun memory for me, that I can't help but think of the innocent, under-priveledged children who don't get to share in this time that I, as a child, completely took for granted. What a simple thing ... buying crayons. But it, unfortunately, isn't so simple for all children.

It is overwhelming to me at how many homeless children we have in our area. Call one of your local schools and ask. I bet you'll be astonished. And to think of their innocence breaks my heart.

Now, just about everywhere, stores are offering great back-to-school deals. I was so excited to see Wal-Mart had a 24 pack of Crayola Crayons for ONLY 25 CENTS! I thought that was an incredible price, so I stocked up!

If you feel lead to help out in such a simple (and inexpensive) way, I'm sure the local schools would be thrilled to receive some new boxes. If you feel even more lead to help brighten a child's life, probably more than you'll ever know, get a list of school supplies from your school and fill a bookbag up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails