Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Saturday, March 19, 2011

God's Home

Tonight, while saying her prayers, Ella said, "God we are coming to your home tomorrow."

I love how going to church is so much a part of her life. She knows that every Sunday, we go to "God's Home". She expects it. It is part of our life together as a family.

One Sunday we missed church for being out of town, and I overheard her telling God that she was "so, so sorry for missing His day."

I tell Ella she can pray or talk to God about anything she wants to. We do not say a memorized prayer at night. I tell Ella that all God wants from her is a relationship -- for her just to talk to Him. Some nights her prayers aren't very typical and some nights they make perfect sense. But that doesn't matter. At the age of 4, she gets it. She knows God is listening and that He cares about her -- He cares about every hair on her head. And that it does not matter if your prayers and needs are big and important, or just tiny little random thoughts. There are no right or wrong things to prayer about. He just wants us to talk to Him, and Ella does just that.

It is never too early (or too late) to start instilling in our children the importance of going to church and of spending time with God each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post. Your daughter sounds like a true blessing. She also sounds a little like my daughter, Faith. Her prayers are so adorable sometimes and other times they just absolutely tug at my heart. I always feel so much joy when I can see that she has her own relationship with God, even at such a young age.

    You have a very nice blog. Hope you don't mind me poking around a bit more while I read some of your other posts. :)

    Blessings,
    Rosann
    http://www.christiansupermom.com/

    ReplyDelete

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails