Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

25 Random Things About Me

I came across this facebook note I participated in almost exactly 3 years ago. I enjoyed reading it again, as some things remain constant and others I would disagree on or would change. I will one day soon go through and update this. Thought I would share, for those of you who want to know me better!


1. What I am most proud of is our daughter, Ella. She is such a tenderhearted, thoughtful, generous, loving, full-of-life, funny little child. Each day she brings more and more joy to our lives, and I am a better person because of her.

2. I have the most amazing husband. He also makes me a better person. Although we are very different in ways, our values are the same, and we work so well together as a team, which I feel is so important in a marriage. He works so hard for our family and I am proud of the life we have made together. He is just a GOOD person.

3. I want to have another baby NOW, but am realizing that that may not be in God's plan. Through our struggles, I always knew that God knew what was best for me, but I have learned an even more powerful thing -- when we wait on God's perfect timing, and when we trust God fully, He will bless us with something far better than we could ever imagine. Sometimes our disappointments are allowed by God so that He can give us something immeasureably better. Ephesians 3:20 says, "God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine." How powerful is that?!

4. I love to decorate. Love going to fabric stores and love rearranging furniture for a new look in our home.

5. I love to be pampered. I could go for a massage every week if I could. Or a pedicure. That is pure relaxation for me.

6. I am surprisingly very athletic -- am not always as prissy as I seem!

7. I love a clean house, but I hate to clean.

8. Love my church and my church family. Have made the most amazing, true friends. I am also proud that Ella is 4th generation (living) in that same church!

9. Yes, I am a true MB native -- born and raised right here at the beach.

10. Love to travel, although since Ella came along, I have absolutely no desire to ever fly again!

11. I am very sensitive.

12. Always hated studying. The opposite of my smart, studious husband.

13. Have good intentions. Wish I could follow through with them more often.

14. Absolutely LOVED being pregnant. And didn't mind the delivery either (had an epidural!). Can't wait to do it again soon, hopefully. (see #3)

15. Also one of the very few of my friends that waited to see the sex of our baby until delivery day. Some people never understand why we made that decision, but it was right for us. It was the hardest decision NOT to break down and find out, but by far the BEST decison we ever made. It was SOOO worth it on that very special day. I will do it again next time.

16. I get distracted very easily. Sometimes I have to read something 5 times before "getting it." Again, unlike my husband!

17. I love to dream.
18. I love looking at houseplans. (again, refer to #17!)

19. Love Springtime. Pink Tulips. Photography. Being a Stay-at-home Mom. Time with friends. The beach. Shopping (big surprise there). And laughing hysterically with my husband while watching "The Office."

20. Wish I enjoyed exercising more than I do. Ella and I love strolling through the neighborhood, but other than that, it's hard to get motivated.

21. I have little self-control when it comes to food.

22. Have some college regrets. (I miss my freshmen girls.)

23. Seem to have a better day when I make my bed in the AM. If I don't get around to it, sometimes I actually make it right before getting into bed at night! It makes me feel better.

24. Never broken a bone in my body, except my toe ... does that count?

25. Have so much to be thankful for, and am extremely blessed in every aspect of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Britton! It is so fun to look back on things like this! Thanks for sharing. I also wanted to tell you that my fantastic chalkboard arrived yesterday. Not only was that shockingly fast, but it is adorable. Thank you for that lovely giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails