Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Sunday, February 27, 2011

How is Salt Like our Hearts?

The Bible is a map, a guide that gives us direction in the way in which we live. I can read it all I want, and I can be a diligent church go-er. But that's not enough. I need to constantly be feeding my soul, growing in my heart, my love for our Almightly God.

I love the example I heard in Sunday School today. You know how salt, if left too long in a salt shaker, becomes lumpy and hard and dry? We have to USE the salt shaker to keep the salt fresh. You know how if you miss a few consecutive weeks of church, or a few days of your personal growth with God, it becomes a lot easier to miss more and more? If we don't feed our souls with the love of Jesus, even if we attend church regularly, we become dry and hard and absent in our spiritual walk and growth.
 
When I get out of my daily routine of praying regularly throughout the day, and sharing my heart with Him, and learning how to deepen my faith each and every day, it becomes so much more difficult to get back to where I should be. This simple little example made me realize that my soul can so easily become dry and hard and I WILL feel empty. I know how much I need and want God as the center of my life and my children's lives, and I won't get there by doing nothing. I must constantly be feeding my heart with Him.
 
 
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
Hebrews 12:2
(I love this verse and am repeating it over and over until I learn it and remember to use it in my life.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails