Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Simple Challenge for You and Me

I get easily overwhelmed with challenging tasks. Sometimes simply opening my Bible can be overwhelming, wondering where to start, and if I am interpreting His word correctly. This thought has been tugging at my heart lately, wondering how I personally can learn more about God’s Word and His amazing ways, and also spread and share it in a not-so-overwhelming and challenging way, although His word and love for us IS SO OVERWHELMING!!

I have started something new on here. If you look on the right sidebar, you will notice a Bible verse poll. Things don’t seem quite so overwhelming if I break it down verse by verse. It seems to hold more with me, and I tend to learn more when things are kept simple. I thought what a better way than to take you along this learning process and share in this simple challenge with you.


This is challenging me to open my Bible and read and learn. It may be little by little. It may only be one verse at a time, and that is okay. I know the importance of spending time in His word daily, but sometimes life just keeps me from doing so and that frustrates me.


So … let’s do this together! I am challenging and encouraging both you and myself to take this journey. I am spending time finding Bible verses that I think might be helpful, encouraging, and enlightening to you, which puts ME spending time in His word learning more. And YOU gain too. It’s simple! Each week I will post 4 or so Bible verses. You open your Bible, look up each verse, and tell me which is most meaningful or relevant to you at the time. Just maybe it will be the exact thing you need to hear at that very moment ... and it puts YOU in His word. You never know how God works through His perfect timing. You may even want to start a notebook of verses to look back on when you need some uplifting words and encouragement.

If you do not have a Bible, please email me. I would be honored to send you one.

I am excited about this challenge, and I really encourage you to and hope you will participate with me.


Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:18

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Britton! I love reading how God is challenging you daily and how you are helping others grow too. Blessings to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails