Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Talking Jesus!"

He died for me. I live for Him.

That’s what the t-shirt said on the gentleman that came to do some upholstery work for me today.

I thought, “This is my opportunity.” And I’m a better person because of it.

We stood in my front yard and “talked Jesus.” It was some of the purest 20 minutes I have ever spent.

He told me how he will fail his wife, his child, his parents, his friends, and God, but God is so awesome – He will never forsake us or leave us.

He told me how heartbroken he is because his parents don’t live for God. He prays every day for them to be saved. He fears that when he is home in Heaven, the best place there is, he will look down at his parents in the darkest, worst place possible. I could see the hurt in his eyes.

It made me wonder how he chose God. So I asked him. I asked him how he was saved – how he came to know, love, and live for Jesus.

He responded quietly, “A 4-foot building.”

With tears in my eyes, I listened to his story of the dark place he was in when he fell off the top floor of a 4-foot building. As he was falling, he cried out to Jesus. He cried, “I’m a sinner, but Jesus, please save me.”

And to see how this gentleman turned his life around is truly amazing. His spirit touched my heart more than I will ever be able to describe. I am smiling now. I am genuinely changed by the time God allowed us to spend together “talking Jesus” as he called it. He had that child-like faith and spirit that I long for. I know that God is working on me, though. God plants seeds all around us, all the time. I love recognizing His works.

He died for me.
I am learning to live for Him.


God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine.
Ephesians 3:20

3 comments:

  1. I love how God can bring someone into our lives, most times when we don't expect it, who really ministers to us. It's just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You leave me thinking really hard about my commitment to God. How much I have turned my back over the last few years, because of hurt feelings at church. How I walked away from all that I believed, because of what one person said. How I need to refocus on forgiveness. All this from reading your blog. You are a really minister of his word. Keep sharing. Last time I read your blog, I picked up my dusty scriptures to read some words of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ephesians 3:20 is what we all need to be reminded of from time to time. Thank you for reminding us. Love the song that you have on your blog!

    Newest follower form the Bloggy Mom. Would love for you to follow back :-)

    http://singlemominspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails