Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Friday, January 13, 2012

Have Trust, Gain Peace

When my doctor told me, at 27 weeks pregnant, that if I didn't put myself on bedrest, then our precious baby boy would most certainly arrive. And at only 27 weeks along, I knew that we needed more time.

After hearing half of what my incredible doctor had told me, and after the shock of it all and wondering how I was going to be a MOM to our almost 3 year old little girl, somehow I was okay. I never really questioned the popular response of "Why God?" With HIS grace, I knew that whatever happened, we would somehow be okay. We would get through it, only with His help. I knew that we were/are ultimately HIS, and our sweet little baby boy was in His hands. Somehow I allowed God to take over my heart, and I had complete PEACE.


With the help of my wonderful parents, our amazing friends and church members, we figured out a good plan. And with many extra doctors appointments, a few small scares, a couple of fainting spells, many extra pounds gained trying to fatten our boy up, a very sore body, and an extremely understanding incredible toddler, we made it to a whopping 38 weeks and we met a perfectly healthy, strong little Wilson!
I suppose my point in sharing all this is to help remind myself where my faith was through all of this. It was complete TRUST in our mightly God. It was the PEACE I had in knowing that HE was in complete CONTROL.

When I think back about it all now, it amazes me at how HE works. I may never understand why all this happened, but I certainly don't question it. I see the special bond my husband and daughter made during this time, how much extra time they spent together and how close their relationship is now. I can't help but wonder if maybe they wouldn't be so close now. I see all the quiet time I spent in God's word learning and studying and growing closer in my walk with the Lord. I see how important relationships and friendships are, and that we are always needed. Whether it's an extra friendly "hey, just checking on you" or a thoughtful card in the mail, or a home-cooked meal to someone that could use it. Or just because. So, I don't question HIS "why" because I know that it was somehow for HIS good. I may never understand His reasons, but I believe we aren't supposed to. We just TRUST in Him and His wonderful ways. Some of them are obvious and some are not.

Thinking through all of this now makes me want to be a better person. Not for me, but for our loving Lord. He opened my eyes to so much during my "scare", and thinking through my New Year's resolutions "thoughts on bettering my life" has made me think back on this time of rest I had over 2 years ago. With the craziness and contant hustle and bustle of being a stay at home mom, trying my best to keep it all together, trying to figure out a balance, I think about the good that can come out of rest. I should stop and just take it all in -- all the beautiful wonders of this world. My life as it is now and how fortunate I am. And not about the "nots" and the "don't haves" in my life.

Take time for life. Remember whose life it is. And live it to your fullest. But remember to give HIM all the GLORY.

And we know that God auses all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! so glad to see you back blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails