Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Thursday, January 26, 2012

Home Sweet Home

One of my guilty pleasures pretty much involves anything that has to do with the home. From real estate, furniture shopping, and remodeling to fabric and color palettes, paint colors, and house floor plans (as a child, I would sketch these out on road trips for entertainment!). Watching HGTV is my way of decompressing after a long day.

I have forever been thinking through our bonusroom and how to make it a more practical, livable yet also pretty space for our family. I love the space of the room, but very much dislike the constant surrounding of  toys and "junk." I love this room mainly because it is what keeps all of this stuff out of our DEN,

and LIVING ROOM,


and it helps keep the rest of our home somewhat serene-like.

Here is another reason I am working on this room ...

Serendipiteee 

I found the most awesome Etsy shop! For some time, I have been collecting samples of fabrics to go with my blah chocolate sleeper, khaki walls, white wainscoting, and extra large wall of windows. So far, this room has gotten the least of my decorating attention, and it just does not fit my taste and personality. But, as I've said, it is used mostly as a playroom for now, so it certainly has not been a decorating priority for me.

Until ......

I found this outstanding shop!! I love just about every single fabric she has! This is just the fun and fresh look I want for our bonusroom. I love all the new ikat, chevron, and lattice patterns that are big right now.

My thoughts are to have pillows and drapes made in coordinating fabrics to go with my chocolate sofa. And then find another fabric to recover my loveseat in.









I would love to hear your thoughts!!
Do you have a favorite?

They are all so fresh ... how do I decide?!
Also, have you ever painted over wallpaper??


As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15




No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails