Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Monday, January 9, 2012

Start Simple

So ... this year I said I wanted to learn how to be SMART with money, and so far I am really pleased! The whole couponing thing can get overwhelming to me, as there seems to be too many rules and gray areas. However, I wanted to start somewhere and see how I could do.

Here is my simple strategy ...
I cut out coupons from 2 Sunday newspapers.

I look through the CVS circular to find what is on sale or what has "ExtraBucks".

I purchase what items are on sale that I have the coupons for. Keep in mind that when CVS has a 2/$4 sale, for example, since you are buying a quatity of 2, you can use 2 coupons on those items. This explains my reasons for buying 2 Sunday papers.

My first trip to CVS last Sunday, I bought some great, useful items, like shampoo, soap, toothpaste, Flinstone vitamins, Tylenol, 2 BOXES of Pampers, and more. My total came to around $130. With coupons, I got my total down to $53, however I walked away with $17 of ExtraBucks!! I was fairly pleased, especially considering I bought all household products that we NEEDED anyway!

I always scan my CVS Bag Tag, too, by the way.

I did the same thing this past Sunday, but this time walked away with $22 worth of products for absolutely FREE!!! I was so excited! This certainly makes it FUN and worthwhile! And this is without much extra effort and time.

This feeling of accomplishment leaves me with a better sense of self-worth, and that is something I need a little extra of these days.

If I can do it, YOU can too! Start SIMPLE!!
He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.
Luke 16:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails