Read My Apple Tree Story here.



Saturday, August 7, 2010

God's Ways ... Not Mine!

How do you get through each day? Is it through God’s strength, power and wisdom, or your own?

God has been trying to remind me this week that it is HIS strength, power and wisdom, not mine, but I wasn’t listening. He tells us, through His Word, numerous times that we need to stop relying on ourselves and to start calling on Him when we realize our own abilities are inadequate.

I finally reached a moment of pure overwhelming exhaustion … mentally, physically, and spiritually. God was trying to tell me, but as I do too often, I wasn’t listening. I tried to handle things myself. I realized it when God reminded me that I had gone all week not truly in His word. I had been so overwhelmed by day-to-day living, and did not take the time to spend with our loving and understanding God, asking for HIS help through this exhausting time.

Being a mom brings a tremendous amount of joy to me. I am beyond blessed to have such a healthy and happy family. What incredible gifts God gives us in children! As much as I enjoy life as a stay-at-home mom and wife, I still haven't found a way to balance and juggle being all that I need to be, and all that I want to be.

I am overwhelmed with anxiety right now. My little Wilson has been sick for 7 straight days. I worry about my children. I let this anxiety consume my life, but I know I shouldn’t. I should give myself to our Lord and trust that He is with my family with each step we take. He wants us to lean on Him and He wants to protect us. He loves us so much that He died on a cross so that we can live and sin.

I am overwhelmed in trying to keep a fun-filled, entertaining and safe environment for my children daily yet also find time to keep a clean and organized household, while finding time to be a wife to my supportive husband and a friend to my understanding friends. Not to mention, when do I have a minute for myself?

But most importantly, I am overwhelmed with knowing I need and want to spend time with God, but not knowing when that quiet time will be for me, to really be in His Word. I have trouble simply finding time and energy unloading the dishwasher, yet alone a time when some little one doesn’t need me! How awful that I haven’t made time this week to spend quality time talking and building my relationship with God. And God was trying to tell me, but I wasn't listening. This should come FIRST. This should be my #1 priority with each and every day. And I know everything will then fall into place.
When I give it to God,

 put my life in His hands,

resign myself to His care and keeping,

give all control to Him,

I know He will not give me more than I can handle.

He will take care of me. He wants to take care of me. He wants to see me happy.

I tell Ella that praying and talking to God is the most important thing we do each day. Pray for me that I also make time. I want to grow closer to God each day and learn more about His wonderful ways. I want to SHINE for Him in all that I do. I want to grow closer to Him and grow in my love for Him, as He is so amazing and awesome. Pray for me. Pray that I figure out a good time each day to be close to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.shareasale.com/u.cfm?d=82480&m=27397&u=447388

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails